Saturday, March 27, 2010

Magic Island + Tantalus photos






Ahh, nature. I went hiking on Tantalus yesterday with some coworkers. We decided to take the path less traveled, so it was very tricky and scratchy at first (and we weren't even sure if that would lead to the other trails - it was an adventure! - but thankfully it did)... we swung vines across streams, trailblazed through branches of all sorts, took breaks on the beautiful paths made out of soft skinny leaves that fall from the willow-looking trees, made it to the top of Tantalus (at that state park place), and nobody got hurt, which is always a plus.

My spring break was absolutely lovely and chill.
MON-hung out in the morning with Ashlee and Tirzah, got a latte, and some CPK later.
went to Waikele with nicole and got lots of cute, cheap shirts from Charlotte Russe.
Tried to find the Target in Kapolei, but failed.
Tues- bogarts w/ mike & he had to work at 3, so i went to Hunakai beach and read a travel book on Greece. Slept at the beach. caught the bus home and people-watched.
Wed - college church picnic at the beach park area near walls. Fed the fish - that was surprisingly fun! the fish all jump up and they're all so beautiful. We were standing on this pier.

After, I went to Kaimana and read some more. Caught the bus home again (I love the #14 because it's the only one i have to catch from the Diamond head/kahala/kaimuki area, and it's also the only one that goes to my house). Since every UH Manoa college student has to pay $20 towards a semester-long bus pass as part of their fees now, I figured it's a great way for me to support public transportation and be more independent. I do want to catch the bus more often.

Thurs- we had a volleyball day at Ala Moana beach park w/ kenny, chris d., ashlee, tirzah, matt chafin, lee, tati, and three random people from Hilo who asked to play with us (since we had the net up). They were actually from a church too from Hilo.
Later, I went out to dinner at Shokudo with Mike, my friend Kara and her boyfriend. Spicy Ahi on Crispy Rice, Organic Tofu Salad, Mochi Cheese Gratin, Unagi Rice, Honey Toast :) yumyum. I bought 500 days of summer too and watched it later.

Fri - hiked w/ coworkers. went to church at 7. we played dodgeball and soccer at kapiolani park. my body is beat. so so beat.
Some people are playing flag football now, or maybe just finished, but I decided to take a day off and have a day to myself to unwind and get some things done.
We're having a Korean potluck movie night at the Keiki House in a few hours. :) We're finally going to watch "My Sassy Girl" - Chris/Topher's recommendation that we always made fun of him for.

Ok, so anyways, that's pretty much my laidback/sorta active spring break. no surfing surpringly/sadly. My muscles hurt.

4 comments:

  1. sounds like fun! especially reading a Greece travel book at the beach, teehee. so UH's doing the $20 bus pass now? awesome deal that I was hoping they would start last semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read this last saturday, I was engulfed with a feeling of happiness! I was so glad that you had such a stimulating and restful spring break. And then! Upon reading it again! A friendly jealousy came over me! I want to do all these things with you guys!! Nyaaaa!

    And after the wave of unnecessary jealousy passed, I meet with my initial feelings of extreme happiness for your perfectly knit spring break. Ahhhhh. Job well done!

    And double date action! What's that like? I guess its fine because you guys are good friends. Are mike and kara's gentleman friends?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And you need photos with people :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading you two!
    Chrys - yes, UH finally started that U-Pass thing. It is really convenient, although I have a lot to learn about routes and timetables.

    Char- Thanks for the happiness. Don't be jealous! haha. There's really no reason for you or anyone to be (of me).
    Double date action ... let's see. We hardly ever do it one on one (as in, one couple on one ... now this is just sounding strange). But Kara's bf Jason is really cool. He's laidback and really friendly, so we like him. Him and Mike get along, which is nice. A lot of times my close friends from high school and I would almost do triple dating (or hangout, or whatever) + my friend Amy. Not because she didn't have a boyfriend, but cause he was too busy/antisocial to meet us. It would piss us off cause she wanted/wants him to. Sigh...maybe this summer. One can only dream. haha.

    and yes! I need more pictures with people. The reason I don't take as many, is cause the only camera i have is suuuuper old and the battery always says "battery exhausted" after like five pictures. BUT! My new canon black beauty is coming in the mail and should get here by...sometime this weekend? next week? hopefully! Can't wait to have more photos! :) Oh, in the mean time, i'll put up some that might gross you out. haha. you'll see.

    ReplyDelete