This is provided that I actually get hired for an internship. I had my Moana Lani Spa interview today, and I must say - it was brilliant. Well, it was my best interview by far so far, but...that's not saying much. I only had like six interviews for jobs, and I didn't get hired at one, but when I think about my very first job interview w/ Cinnamon Girl [God awful - I'm still amazed and thankful my manager Aileen actually gave me a chance. It was Christmas time though so they were desperate] compared to my interview today - the improvement is incredible. I wore a suit - style outfit and I felt so professional with my new black portfolio (or 'padfolio'). The Director of the spa, as well as the manager, was so cool. She offered me water, talked about how she opened Spas in Jamaica, Fiji, Utah, and ... another place. That's so cool, to have a career that enables you to do things like that. It's sad if it ruins an environment though, so ... it's a really really tough balance. I hope to work in hotels around the world like that some day :]
They gave me a tour of the spa after the interview, and I just LOVE that place. I think I have a picture of the spa in an older blog post (I did a site inspection w/ TIMSA in January w/ the hotel). It's the only spa that's right on the beach basically. Well, it's right in front of the beach and the view is heavenly (hey, that's the name of the spa brand). Anyway, after my interview, feeling very accomplished and satisfied, I walked around the lobby a little bit, out on the terrace and couldn't stop feeling so ... I don't have words for it, but having the feeling that this is where I'm meant to be. I felt like I could take on the tasks that will be asked of me in this internship and that the spa is the perfect environment for me. It's more secluded than the front desk of the lobby. And it smells AMAZING.
Ok, so there's always the chance that I won't get it. Especially since I sound cocky now. But if I don't get it, I'll just try for the Waikiki Edition, which is opening at the end of this summer. [P.S. If you get a chance to learn about that new hotel brand - Edition - do so! It's an amazing new brand, and I'll get into detail about it some other time]. I'll live if i don't get it, but if i do get it, i'll be extremely pleased :]
ok, must finish my homework now. I always do this. Blog all at once. Vent all at once, instead of every other day or something like that. Whoops.
Hehe do with your blog as you will. There are no rules. :)
ReplyDeleteBut, the interview sounds like it went amazingly. What did you have in your black portfolio?! Black portfolios just reminds me of america's next top model. Do you have a bunch of pictures for the interviewer to peruse through?! Heheh hohoh.
You know that connection you felt? It could be something really real. Like, we have come to a point where we ignore our intuition and let our minds analyze and talk ourselves out of intinct? Is that the right word?
You felt a connection. You could DEFINITELY learn and grow so much from working there and it will be a good fit for you. Let me know as soon as you find out!!
:)
ReplyDeleteMy black portfolio did not contain photos, but rather a notepad, which i kept for questions to ask at the end of the interview, a pen, and a few business cards :]
ReplyDeleteI definitely think it was intuition, or a feeling/message from God.
I have not heard back yet, but I did send the two interviewers thank you cards (we learned in class to do that...i never would've thought to do it on my own).
:))