Tuesday, October 6, 2009

As a temporary addict, i'm always finding new guilty (and some actually quite healthy) pleasures.



MY CURRENT OBSESSIONS:




Crazy Love by Francis Chan
This book is so passionate (as the author is known for)! It's all about questioning why today's Christians tend to act in the way they do. Or rather, the way people, including Christians, believe they are supposed to act. If someone asked any stranger what a Christian is supposed to do, they might respond saying "go to church, read the bible, pray" - all good answers, but not good enough. LOVE should be NUMBER ONE. Christians must love and do it with a joyful heart. Also, reading this book loves talking about how GREAT God is. As humans, Chan says, we tend to pray in a self-centered way, trying to have God cater to our needs. In reality, God is it. He was and is and is to come. He's always been there, and He's the big picture. Why should God have to cater to us, or respond to us? He doesn't have to, but He does because He chooses to love us. And He loves us so much He sacrificed His only son for us. :) Thank God for that.
But seriously - in geography, i was just reading about the universe and how big it is. The earth feels so big, and yet it is just a small/average planet in our solar system. And the solar system is just a minuscule part of the Milky Way, which is just a smaller part of the Universe. We can't even fathom how big this universe is, or how big God is for that matter. I love God.

oh, and last sunday, the clouds were scattered so beautifully, so creatively that it just reaffirmed my faith. And the wednesday before that, the sunset was so vibrant, so hot pink/orange/passion fruit that I just knew that God was putting on a show. And the mountains have been SO HIKEABLE! even though the weather is so unbearably humid :/ but whatever, i'm living in hawaii, i'm so spoiled with good weather.




My Bollywood workout - Mike and I are racing to see who can get a six pack by Oct. 27th. It's so easy for guys to get a six pack, but I want to prove everyone wrong and WIN! And I love my DVD workouts :) ELEPHANT WALK! the GODDESS MOVE :)

Sudoku - I'm so proud of myself for finishing the hard one from the Ka Leo on Thursday :) esp. cause I haven't done it for like a year.

my europe trip. I'm gonna buy tickets really soon! and I just found out Louise (from Sweden) might be able to join Chrystalle and I at some point then. :D yipeeeeee.

ViVi magazines. I've been tearing through my magazines. Gotta change up my wall.


SEX AND THE CITY!!! On season 6, part one now.

♥ KCC Youth group. I hope I can start a small group with some of the girls in the youth service. I feel called to be a better friend to them and I guess maybe role model but not quite.....that sounds a little pompous. sorry. oooh we're gonna hike Manoa falls on sunday :) weeeeeeeeeee. i haven't hiked for over a month.

"Aqueous Transmission" - Incubus. LOVE this song. It's mystical. "Mannequin" - Katy Perry... cause I just listened to it. "Porcelain" - Moby...very moody. "Champagne" - 311...very relaxing. Camera Obscura songs. Metric. I've been listening to limited and random music. Ever since my iPod got stolen, i've been lacking. :/ But when I'm on my computer, i've been leaving my music on shuffle. U2 is on now, too.

Miyazaki Films - I recently watched "Ponyo" not too long ago; last week I saw "Whisper of the Heart" and "Howl's Moving Castle" and even parts of "Castle in the sky." I LOVE those movies. I borrowed "Princess Mononoke" yesterday from Sinclair, and I also have "The Cat Returns" and of course castle in the sky that i didn't finish.

East-West Center Japanese Garden. I went there today for the first time since Eighth grade. It's so peaceful. I want to go to JAPAN! and Okinawa.

My Okinawan heritage. I want to find a good book (or several) and really learn the history, culture better, and identify more with that side.

♥ Grapefruit & Lemongrass scent - Dove ultimate go fresh energizing deodorant. Haha, I can't even remember when I bought this deodorant but for some reason, I put it aside and stopped using it. Just the other day I saw it and decided to use it again. The scent is nostalgic, although I can't quite place what about. Maybe spring semester? I don't know, when I smell it, I feel so calm. Deodorant scents tend to do that for me. There are so many scents that, once i get just one whiff, i can immediately recall an old memory. ...ahh nostalgia.

I need to get another job soon. And I should probably get more sleep (instead of wasting time as usual).


1 comment: