Tuesday, January 26, 2010

exhausted.


I am so tired physically. For some reason, my hands are especially sore after Tuesdays. It's probably from all that handwriting or typing perhaps. Is anyone a pro at hand massages? Okayyyy...that sounds like something else...just jokes! But seriously, my hands need a massage.

Despite an incredibly long day of work/school, I had a pretty great day overall. I was in good spirits.
Tuesdays...
1030 TIM 101. Quiz.
1100-1200 Worked on paper that I have to write tonight.
1200-0600 Work at Sinclair
0600-0700 Read next chapter for TIM101
0700-0900 University Chorus
0915 Home. sweet. Home. and shower. and more food.

Even though I'm not the best singer, I've always loved choirs. I love this class, too. People are much friendlier than most other classes. And the songs are so lovely.

I have my friend's mp3 player (I think it's a super old Zen, and he calls it a "Brick") cause he wasn't able to upload any new music on it and he's a music junkie and he has a new ipod now...and anyway I've been listening to a lot of
Bat for Lashes (esp. "Horse and I" on the "Fur & Gold" album)
Cat Power
Broken Social Scene (I esp. love "Shampoo Suicide" on the "You Forgot It in People" album)
Battles ("Leyendecker" and their entire "Mirrored" album)


Other things that are new with me...
1. I've been more active and excited about my Europe trip in the summer (May17-Jun22). I'm even close to my financial goal! YES! The only problem? I haven't told my dad or stepmom I'm going yet...too scared...but I WILL tell them the next time I see them. Pray for me to have the strength and courage. My Dad will just try to discourage me from going because of bad exchange rates, level of safety (or lack thereof)..and whatever else he feels will bring me down. Yeah, that's all true..those are all barriers to traveling, but I'm only 19 once, right? I need to explore more. I need this experience of actually being on my own, even if only for a month. Besides, I already bought the roundtrip tickets.

2. I love all my classes
-TIM 100 (Internship 1), TIM 101, French Conversation (311), Greek 202, Linguistics 102, Music 114. I especially LOVE my TIM classes. I feel like this is really where I'm meant to be. And last week the TIMSA club and I went to the moana surfrider and did a "site inspection" which is where we tour the hotel and get a behind the scene look at the operation. Ahh, so beautiful. Made me really want to work at a ritzy hotel like that. [See picture above...part of their Moana Lani Spa]
My Greek classmates always make my day with their dry humor.
French convo is kicking my butt. I really need to step it up and constantly practice my french, think in french, dream in french...

3. I'm almost done with weeding through my magazines. I've had so many subscriptions over the years due to expired United miles, but I've been so busy so for the past year or so, I hardly got to read them thoroughly or get rid of any. My goal is to get rid of the last fifteen or so and recycle them at the Sustainability Fest thing at UH tomorrow. ...Seeing as how I have to type up a paper, I may not get to all fifteen. Nope, probably three if i'm really lucky.

4. I started going back to Bible Study at KCC. I didn't go for the past semester due to a conflict of schedule. I think that break was good for me to appreciate it more now. I'm really trying to go deeper in the Word. Reading Matthew now personally (and also for Sundays with the Youth, we're going through Matthew), and I believe we're going through Acts as a college group. KCC has outstanding individuals and the college group is definitely growing. The youth, as well, as always. We average about 25-40 students every sunday (6th-12th grade).

Okie dokie...must start typing up homework.

3 comments:

  1. Yo love,
    Your exhaustion radiates from the page. Radiate may possibly be the wrong term. Pours? Exudes? Well, you've made clear your weariness but it is a good weariness might I add? Choir? French & Greek? That is a schedule of great desire yes? I feel like a horrible friend because I didn't know your interest in singing?! Cool cool. Looking forward to the recital? Ehehehhe OHohoh

    And I guess KCC is a little weird without Wes ey? Have you gone to his new church?

    And, I'm not gonna lie. I listened to every band you recommended. And Broken Social Scene is quite delightful! The name of their band is kind of emo and depressing but soothing music to say the least. Good ear jacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and might I add:

    "Please turn red" -Andy David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, no worries that you didn't know my interest in singing. Not many people do. I keep it very hush-hush, as in, I hardly ever sing in front of people other than my family.
    KCC is different without Wes, and I'm not saying it's for the better or worse. I truly admire both Wes and Kainoa. I think the youth can relate to Kainoa better cause he's different for them and he ministers to them really really well. But Wes has many great skills and lessons that I will always remember and try to keep with me.

    I'm so happy you listened to my suggestions. That shows you trust my taste and care :) Really, I appreciate it.
    Broken Social scene is amazing, aren't they? haha except for their name, but it has its own magic. I could listen to them over and over and over and over...you get the point.

    I'm listening to your suggestion now. He's got a great voice. Good emotion in the song. He sounds familiar too. hmm. likee.

    ReplyDelete